Booking terms and conditions
- To secure your place in a course or workshop we require full payment at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made online, in store, or over the phone (03) 9387 3911.
Refunds, transfer and class absence
- Bookings can ONLY be refunded with at least one weeks’ notice AND if there is another student to fill the vacancy. Cancellation refunds will incur a 5% administrative fee.
- Cancellations made with less than one week’s notice will forfeit the full fee, as your booking takes up a space for another student. You may seek a replacement to take your place up until the beginning of the course only.
- Once a course has begun there are no refunds or transfers.
- Class purchases cannot be transferred to another day, time or term.
- We do not offer make-up classes due to our high volume of students. If you are unable to attend a class please be in contact with email@example.com, this will allow for your work to be covered, trimmed or glazed and keep in time with the class schedule.
- Any work that is not completed in class can be completed at the cost of the student or discarded.
- A minimum of five people are required to run courses and one-day workshops. Northcote Pottery Supplies reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum number of bookings are not reached. You will be notified at least one week prior to the class if cancellation is deemed necessary and a full refund will be provided.
- Try the Wheel and Glaze 101 classes are not refundable due to the frequency and price point of the class. Please ensure your availability for the session before booking the class.
Giving a course or workshop as a gift
- If you are buying a course or workshop as a gift please alert the recipient to these Terms & Conditions.
- If you have purchased a class or workshop as a gift it is your responsibility to ensure the recipient is available for the class you have purchased – as outlined above, classes and workshops are not transferrable to another time or date.
It is the students responsibility to:
- Provide correct contact details when enrolling to ensure Northcote Pottery Supplies can provide confirmation and up to date reminders
- Check email folders for confirmation and reminders
- Know the class dates and attend class.
Work will take approximately 2-3 weeks to fire after class finishes, students have up to month to collect their work. Uncollected work is donated to a local charity.
Bring: YOUR OWN TOWEL AND APRON TO CLASS. This is especially important for wheel throwing courses and workshops.
Courses (multiple sessions): Course fees include one bag of clay, decorating materials, firing costs and tuition for the course. Extra clay will not be available during courses, it is strongly recommended that clay is reclaimed and students are critical with the work they choose to keep so that the clay does not run out. When collecting work after the completion of the course please bring your own box and packing materials.
Workshops (one and two day): Workshop fees include materials required for the workshop and tuition. Firing is included in workshop fees, unless otherwise stated in the workshop outline. Work is to be completed during the allocated workshop time. By removing class work from the class the student agrees to pay for firing and materials outside of the workshop fee.
Clothing: All course and workshops are hands on, please wear appropriate clothing (that you are prepared to get dirty!), covered shoes are essential.
Firing of work: We take extreme care with your work but accidents do happen and we are unable to guarantee that all your work will be successfully fired.
Work created: Work will take approximately 2-3 weeks to fire after class finishes, students have up to month to collect their work. Items created during a course or workshop will be kept for one month from the day of notification. If work is not collected within this time it will be disposed of or donated to a local charity to make space for the next term’s courses.
Returning students: Students who are returning to the next term are eligible for a free weekday Studio Access session valued at up to $35. Students must provide proof of enrolment in the class at time of claiming the studio access.
Parking: Angle parking is available across the road from Northcote Pottery Supplies. Paid parking is available on Weston St at the Tip Top CarE Park. Be careful not to park in time limited spaces as inspectors regularly parole the area.
Tutors: All Northcote Pottery Supplies tutors have extensive experience in their field and are experienced teachers. Our workshops are designed to cater to a variety of skill levels and most workshops are suitable for beginners to more experienced levels unless otherwise stated in the outline. Our workshop tutors actively seek feedback from participants during class. If you have further questions about our workshops please contact us on 03 9387 3911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing List: Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to be added to the mailing list and receive notifications about upcoming classes.